California Yurts Inc. License # 632687
DBA Vital Designs
Dear Folks…… .
- To move into the next phase we require a $2,500 advance. This assures your position in our 2015/16 building season. Our year is filling up. Please contact us and request our Design Receipt Contract. You return Mail 2 signed originals with a check for $2,500 and mail to 2101 Wellmar drive Ukiah C.95482. We will then sign and return mail your original or call for an appointment and we can meet in person.
2. We then schedule a 2 hour plus meeting at out home office and model home in Ukiah and co-design a budget and configuration to meet your expectations. During this initial meeting and follow up e mails we develop together a design that fits your particular conditions and budget. We discuss your design options and talk about your site. Permits, access , in ground utilities ( water , power , septic , gas , phone , etc.) You can pay the advance and sign the agreement then or sleep on it and sign & mail us the check or call for Wells Fargo Account
for a direct deposit. Call David on cell at (707)319-3267
3. We then draft up a proposal with a floor plan and elevation and budget. This budget includes a detailed weekly estimate as well as a bid from our shop to build your components as well as an estimate for your installation at a time and material plus 15% basis. You sign this proposal. Then we are ready to proceed.
4. The signed proposal and floor plan then heads off to Brian Manning (707) 744-1611 to complete the structural drawing and construction documents estimated starting at $7.00 per ft. pending on scope. More for smaller projects per Sq.Ft. and ready to send to the engineer. For homes this building plan is on an estimated basis. Commercial applications cost more. Print costs for blueprints, sight visits, mailings, as well as sloped site Geo-Tech engineering,soils reports ,if required ,are charged as additional . Sq.Ft. estimate available after a $300 site Evaluation done by Brian to see site and meet and greet.
5. Your completed plans then head off to our structural engineer who then runs calculations on wind and roof loads as well as earthquake and foundation engineering. Generally this is on a bid basis. Smaller yurts cost $400 and the larger yurts up to $ 1,100 or $1.00 per square ft. can run from $700 to $2,500 for the larger homes and more for commercial projects. Hillside applications with retaining walls and drainage cost up to $20,000 and up for the engineering and special inspections during construction.
6. Your title 24 California Energy Calculations are then drawn up by Allen Witzell describing your insulation and heating and or air conditioning, window directional orientations with overhangs to match your climate zone requirements. He charges $ 400 per plan. Your Green energy plan and inspectipon form is created for the client and the building department which is required under the new code. Your CDF fire plan as well as your engineered sprinkler plan is also a requirement before you can get your permit. Some sites require a Historical review, a coastal review and permit approval and C.C.and R’s on exiting sub-divisions you may have bought into.
Brian coordinates and facititates all of this on contract with you on an hourly basis until completed. You of course can save costs by working with Brian and doing some of the leg work under his expert guidance.
“Brian is the most capable, is great to work with and comes highly reccomended. We have never been denied a permit in the 30 years submitting our plans for approval in California.” - david raitt Vital Designs
7. You then pay California Yurts a 60% deposit less your $2,500 advance to start our 6 weeks prefab of your components.
8. Four weeks later you pay your 40% balance and we schedule and load out and deliver your yurt.
9. The on site work is billed weekly at a time and material basis plus 15% from our contractors. We require our crews to erect the structure on a foundation and thru roofing and structural framing inspection. You can after that point hire us weekly as long as needed.
10. For non permit applications omit items # 4,5,and 6 from above. Yurts under 200 Square feet in most counties do not require permits. under 120 Sq.Ft which is our 13’there are no permits required throughout the State.
- I look forward to staring this process…… yurts, david email@example.com my email
Office located with our Factory and Models at : 2101 Wellmar Drive Ukiah, California 95482
(707) 468-0876 voc/fax cell (707) 319-3267 www.yurtpeople.com
Current 2015/16 Pricing explained